Download the Functional Safety Guide
- Difficulty: Advanced
Functional safety is the portion of global process/machinery-related safety (EUC) that depends on the proper functioning of the Safety System. Download the PDF.
In this guide you will learn:
- Functional safety: main concept
- Structure of IEC 61508 standard
- What is SIL (Safety Integrity Level)
- Functional safety elements
- Functional safety lifecycle
- Types of applicable requirements
- PFDavg/PFH SIL level
- Functional Safety Management System
Learn the basics of Functional Safety through this short guide.
We recommended you are aware of what information you may need before you ask for SIL certification according to the IEC 61508 standard.